We’re running for fun during this zombie apocalypse, so we’re only interested in having a good time! Rest assured, no actual brains will be eaten. Please, follow the rules and bring what you need (listed in the FAQ), and everyone shambles away happy!
1. If you lose all your flags, you may NOT take other runners’ flags, pick them up from the ground, take them from the zombies, etc. Keep on running and cross the finish line anyway.
2. Direct and deliberate physical contact with any runner or zombie is strictly prohibited. You are forbidden to touch, hit, punch, tackle, kick, slap, scratch, pinch, spit on, bite, trip, or do anything harmful to the physical health of our zombies or other runners. Those in violation of this rule will be automatically removed from the race and potentially escorted off of the grounds, without refund. No kidding.
3. Flags are to be visible to course officials and zombies and to be worn on the sides of the body. You may not tuck in or otherwise secure flags to your clothing other than by use of the flag belt.
4. Runners must wear your bib on the front of your clothing. Runners will not be allowed to race without an official bib.
5. Working with friends, family, and strangers to outwit and outmaneuver the zombie horde is encouraged! Use your smarts and your skills to survive.
6. Intoxicated runners will not be allowed to participate in the race. Please arrive safely and SOBER.
7. Runners must be 10 years of age or older on race day in order to participate. Runners under 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times on and off the course.
1. No weapons of any kind, real or replica, will be permitted on the premises.
2. No drugs, outside alcohol, or outside food/beverages are permitted on the property. Runners may bring 1 24oz bottle of factory-sealed water, sports drink, or energy drink with them for the race.
3. No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed by people under the legal drinking age.
4. No pets are allowed on the grounds.
5. Participants and spectators must abide by all instructions given by the event organizers, Zombie Run staff, security, and medical personnel.
6. Do not drink and drive.
7. Photographers may be stationed along the course. Participants, zombies, spectators, and volunteers agree to our use of any images from the event.
1. Runners can choose to skip an obstacle due to medical reasons – please alert a course volunteer to safely avoid the obstacle. You may not skip an obstacle for no reason; there may be flag penalties. If you skip an obstacle, you will still be able to finish the race.
2. Remember, we are here to have fun and raise money for a good cause. Please be respectful of those around you on and off the course. To reiterate: any direct and deliberate physical contact with any runner or zombie is strictly prohibited. Again, no kidding.
3. No weapons of any kind are allowed on the grounds.
4. Watch where you are going, even if you are running for your life! The course is rugged, the obstacles are designed to be challenging, and the weather may present additional demands. Volunteers will be designated for areas of the course and can contact security if needed.
5. Security will be on the grounds throughout the event.